Rekordbox 6 gives users access to four popular streaming services and their huge online song libraries and curated playlists inside of the software. Currently supported services are Tidal, Beatport, Beatsource Link and finally Soundcloud, the access is restricted to the performance mode. Streamed tracks work just as locally imported tracks with full key and tempo recognition, waveform visualization and hot-cue saving.
To use Tidal with Rekordbox 6 you need a Tidal account, if you do not have one you need to create it.
1. Click the small log-in button on the right side of the Tidal catalogue, (left side of the screen, tracks library in performance mode).
2. Log in into your Tidal account.
3. You can now use your tracks in the same manner as you do with locally stored tracks.
*When using Tidal there is also an option of streaming music in lossless flac audio format. To do this you need to click on the settings cog in the upper right of the screen, then move through following tabs: Advanced → Others, then you have to select the lossless flac format from the Streaming Audio Quality menu.
For using Beatport tracks you will need an active Beatport LINK subscription (there is also an option for a 30 day trial). If you have the subscription already you have to do the following:
1. Click the small log-in button on the right side of the Beatport catalogue, (again left side of the screen, tracks library in performance mode).
2. Log in into your Beatport account to connect it with Rekordbox library.
3. Now you have full access to the Beatport library and frequently updated curated playlists.
*Here you also have access to a feature called “Beatport Offline Locker” – when you drag and drop a song from Beatport collection to this catalogue or right click the track and select “Store offline”, you will be able to use this track without an active internet connection. Currently there is a limit on how many tracks you can store for offline use and this feature lets you hold up to 50 tracks with Beatport PRO, and up to 100 tracks with Beatport PRO+. It is important to point out that this offline feature works only with Beatport PRO and PRO+ subscriptions.
To use Beatsource Link you need to have a Beatsource Link account and be subscribed to one of the paid Beatsource Link plans (again you can sign up for the free 30 day trial). If you have the account and are subscribed to the service:
1. Click the small log-in button on the right side of the Beatsource Link catalogue, (left side of the screen, tracks library in performance mode).
2. Log in into your Beatsource Link account.
3. This works just about the same as the Beatport service integration, you now have access to your private playlists, curated playlists and the Offline Locker funcionality (again with some size limitations).
If you want to use this service inside the Rekordbox software you need a
Soudcloud GO+ account.
1. Click the small log-in button on the right side of the Soundcloud catalogue, (left side of the screen, tracks library in performance mode).
2. Sign in to your Soundcloud GO+ account.
3. Now you have full access to your private Soundcloud library including your likes, playlists, followed artists, Soundcloud charts and your personal history of last played tracks on the account.
If you make any changes to your playlists or liked tracks in any of the services mentioned above outside of the Rekordbox software, you will have to
refresh the library. To do so just click the little refresh icon on the right of the streaming service catalogue in your library (the same place you logged into the service).
Remember that the tracks you place using the mentioned streaming services can take a while to load while using a slower internet connection. The progress of the track loading onto the selected deck is indicated by the blue progress bar that disappears once the track has been loaded successfully.